Monday, August 24, 2009

USA Goes Retro

You gotta love the new USA Olympic hockey jerseys set to debut next February in Vancouver. Team USA is hoping these retro jersey's, similar to those worn in 1980 during the Lake Placid games, can provide some good karma into what is going to be a very difficult tournament. We have the familiar blue jersey, a white jersey, and debuting for the first time; a third jersey, also white. I must say I prefer the blue because the white jersey's remind me to much of the Broadway Blue Shirts, a.k.a--the Rangers. (Yes I know the Rags where blue, but for some reason the white screams New York Rangers.) This tournament will be loaded with NHL superstars and talents from each team's homelands. It is sure to be an uphill climb for team USA. Perhaps these jerseys, circa 1980 will provide the same miraculous result. I think USA will need a miracle to win this tournament. So much for optimism.

Click here to see the new jerseys. Let me know what you think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment