Thursday, July 30, 2009

The State of Redskins Nation

If you have been reading any of my previous posts, first of all thank you, secondly you have probably noticed a trend. I have tried to focus my first few blogs on the growth of hockey in the DC metro area. DC has always had its hockey fans but the standard set by great sports towns is the attraction of the casual fan to its sports teams, no matter the sport. What you will not find me doing is suggesting that the Capitals will overtake the hearts of DC's own and replace the Redskins. I can say with fair certainty that the Redskins will always be the number love of DC sports fans. But things haven't been so sunny in Ashburn as of say.....the last 18 years. In fact, despite being either the most valuable or second most valuable NFL franchise, the Redskins have been mediocre at best. Believe me, I'm not the only one noticing this. I was reading one of my favorite hockey blogs today and came across this write-up on the state of Redskin nation and the growth of Capitals nation. I highly suggest taking a look. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment